Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is an adapted recipe prepared for the ZWT 8 France Crock Pot Challenge. The original recipe was IngridH's Roast Pork Loin With Creamy Dijon Sauce #437150. I adapted this recipe to be used in a crock pot by adding some additional liquid, and using creme fraiche instead of sour cream. I used creme fraiche because it is more heat stable and doesn't curdle when added to hot liquids.
- Heat olive oil and margarine in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the roast and brown on all sides. Remove roast from skillet.
- In a 4-quart crock pot, add the chopped onions.
- Place browned roast in crock pot on top of the onions.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the wine, water, and Dijon mustard; pour mixture over roast in crock pot.
- Put lid on crock pot and cook on "low" for 6 to 8 hours, or until internal temperature of roast reaches 165º when using an instant read thermometer.
- Remove roast from crock pot and cover with foil.
- Remove excess fat from liquid in crock pot and turn crock pot to "high".
- In a small bowl, whisk together creme fraiche and flour. When liquid in crock pot comes to a boil, whisk in creme fraiche mixture; stir occasionally until sauce thickens. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve sauce over the roast.