1/2 Photos of Crock Pot Roast Pork Loin W/ Kraut and Potato
8 hrs 20 mins
Chef Shadows's Note:
Serves: 4-6 Prep time : 20 minutes Cook Time: 8 hours CROCK POT/ SLOW COOKER Source: Shadows
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs pork loin roast, boneless
- 1 lb sauerkraut
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced thin
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 5 medium potatoes, quartered
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 tablespoon garlic flakes
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce, BBW Wild dipping sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Grey Poupon mustard
- 1/4 cup white wine or 1/4 cup beer, more if needed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1Heat large cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- 2Salt and pepper pork roast well on all sides.
- 3Add olive oil and pork roast to the hot pan.
- 4Brown pork on all sides for about 10 minutes.
- 5While pork is browning slice onion and place in bottom of crock pot.
- 6Slice the garlic and add to onions in crock pot.
- 7Add fennel seed and rubbed sage to mixture in crock pot.
- 8Put sauerkraut in crock pot on top of onion/ garlic.
- 9Turn crock pot to high heat and cover.
- 10Mix minced garlic flakes, hot sauce, balsamic vinegar, mustard, and wine in a tea cup.
- 11Place pork in crock pot and cover.
- 12Place butter in skillet with a small amount of wine and deglaze the pan.
- 13Pour this over the roast.
- 14Quarter the potatoes.
- 15Add to the crock pot.
- 16Sprinkle more garlic flakes on top of all.
- 17Pour the vinegar and hot sauce mixture evenly over all items in crock pot.
- 18Add more salt and pepper if desired.
- 19Cook on high heat for 1 - 1.5 hours.
- 20Turn heat to low and cook for an additional 6.5 to 7 hours, until pork is done.
- 21Serve hot!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Roast Pork Loin W/ Kraut and Potato
Serving Size: 1 (536 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1244.1
- Calories from Fat 580
- Total Fat 64.5 g
- Saturated Fat 17.2 g
- Cholesterol 283.4 mg
- Sodium 1079.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.2 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 104.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: