Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 hrs
I've made this recipe for years. It's easy to make and smells great while it's cooking. I serve it with applesauce, sweet potatoes and a green veggie. There are never any leftovers.
- 3 -4 lbs boneless pork roast
- 1 clove garlic
- salt and pepper
- 1 large onion
- 2 whole cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Rub pork roast with salt and pepper.
- Cut 10 slits on top of pork roast and insert sliced garlic into slits.
- Broil pork roast for about 5 minutes.
- Slice onion and put in crockpot.
- Place pork roast on top of onion and add cloves, bay leaves, water and soy sauce to crockpot.
- Cook on high 5-6 hours or low 10-12 hours.
I made this last week. It was simple and delicious. The only change I made was I used minced garlic (from a jar) and rubbed it over the slits it the roast. Definitely a keeper. Will make this one again.
I made this over the weekend and it was wonderful! I think Squeaky104 must have done something wrong, because this is by far one of the best crockpot pork roasts that I've had. Thanks for posting...it's awesome.
This was yummy and easy. I put it in the crockpot and went off for a busy day,and came home to a wonderful, tender juicy meat. thanks.