Recipe by Dave Dallas
A tender, flavorful beef roast infused with garlic and basted in its own juices combined with onions, mushrooms and freshly brewed coffee...yes...coffee!
Top Review by saradara25
This is DELICIOUS! We have always loved making roasts in our crock pot but wanted to try something new. I found this when browsing online and thought "wow, coffee, really???" but is is so good! The smell in the house while it cooks all day is to die for! Very tender. I have used bottom up and top up roasts also and it's very good still! Thanks for sharing with me :)
- 2 -4 lbs chuck roast
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh brewed coffee
- kosher salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 medium onion (sliced)
- 12 ounces fresh mushrooms (button or sliced)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Brew a pot of freshly ground coffee.
- Make 5 deep slits around the top and sides of the roast.
- Push the whole cloves of garlic down into the slits.
- Rub meat with pepper and salt.
- Place roast, mushrooms and onion in crock pot.
- Pour 1 1/2 cups coffee over the meat.
- Cook on low setting for 6 hours.
- Remove beef from crock pot and pour the drippings into a small saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat.
- In a separate bowl, combine the cornstarch and water and add slowly to the saucepan, stirring constantly.
- Simmer until thickened to desired consistency.
- Serve with potatoes, noodles or rice.