Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 hrs
Just something I threw together one day when we were going to be gone all day and I didn't want to do the same old (but yummy) crock pot roast. The "drippings" from this dish make a very flavorful gravy to serve with the roast and mashed potatoes. I think this would be good with a few sliced carrots and celery tossed in also. **This can also be used with moose and other wild game** This is a nice way to cook wild game that tends to be a bit dry. You can add water if it is too salty for your tastes.
- 1360.77 g beef roast (boneless)
- 28.34 g packagelipton dry onion soup mix
- 24.94 g package brown gravy mix
- 17.57 g packagezesty Italian salad dressing mix
- 28.34 g package ranch dressing mix
- 236.59 ml red wine
- 236.59 ml sliced cremini mushroom
- 7.39 ml thyme (or to taste)
- Spray crock pot with PAM.
- Place roast in crock pot.
- Empty contents of soup mix, gravy, and both salad dressing envelopes over roast in crock pot - sprinkling evenly.
- Add wine.
- Add sliced mushrooms.
- Sprinkle thyme over top of all.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 - 10 hours.
- I use the drippings to make a delicious, flavorful gravy.
Great tasting recipe! Try to use as many low-sodium or no-sodium seasoning packets as you can as this does get rather salty (even for my tastes and I'm a salt lover). You can always add more salt later if you like. I always use a Cabernet with this which goes very well with the spices involved. I also forgo the mushrooms since I'm not a big fan. ;) Awesome. Thanks!
SOOO good! My husband and I both loved it! Tender and tasty and delicious gravy. I will use my salt free onion soup mix as it was a little salty and my DH is on a low sodium diet. And I love the Beast in the name. I love Dr. Seuss's " How the Grinch stole Christmas" and have called it Roast Beast for years. Thanks
This roast turned out melt-in-your-mouth tender and delicious. I added carrots, celery and red-skinned potatoes and they were very tender as well. Not mushy, just perfect. The flavor is delicious as well. I didn't think it was too salty, either. Made for ZWT4 the Canadian "My Wildlife Adventure...or How I Spent My Canadian Vacation." My team is Tastebud Tickling Travellers.