Prep 5 hrs
Cook 0 mins
I like this because it is easy to make, with ingredients I have at home, and once you throw it into the crock pot you can forget about it for a few hours.
- 1 roast
- 4 tablespoons dry mustard
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- garlic, minced
- onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- garlic powder
- Worcestershire sauce
- Mix the dry mustard, butter and garlic into a paste. With clean hands spread mixture all over the roast.
- Chop onions and put into the crock pot.
- Place roast with mustard mixture on top of onions and sprinkle sugar over the roast.
- Cover and let cook to your preference.
- When the roast is done, drain the drippings and mix in garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce and Bisto — all to taste — and bring to a boil to thicken for the gravy.
- My family all love this, they never tire of it.
This recipe was very easy to prepare. My whole family loved it, even my picky six year old. I left out the sugar and it still tasted great. Will be making this again.
I am sorry but this was really bad, REALLY bad. It smelled bad, and tasted awful.
This was amazing! A unique flavor for a roast, but one that got rave reviews from my BF and my roomie. I'm doing the low-carb thing so I substituted sugar for splenda and it came out superb. Will make many times! Must make this for my father. It will knock his socks off!!!