Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
An easy ready to eat meal for busy people. Crockpot cooking is a favorite of mine and this one is one of the best. It makes a nice presentation for company and there is very seldom any leftovers.
- 4 lbs rump roast
- 1 large onion, cut into chucks
- 1 (8 ounce) package mushrooms, cut into chucks
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package gnocchi
- Brown roast in a large skillet with a small amount of olive oil.
- When brown on all sides, transfer to crockpot and add onion, mushrooms and garlic.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Thirty minutes before roast is done, add can of tomato sauce and the package of gnochhi.
- Salt and pepper to taste.