8 hrs 15 mins
Hearty. Filling. No-brainer. Cheap.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef (ground roadkill works OK, too)
- 12 fluid ounces beef stock or 12 fluid ounces vegetable broth or 12 fluid ounces vegetable stock
- 4 fluid ounces low-sodium tomato sauce or 4 fluid ounces V8 vegetable juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, diced
- 2 cups potatoes, diced
- Worcestershire sauce, to taste
- seasoning (pepper, garlic and other spices and or or herbs)
- 1Place all ingredients in a crock pot and cook on LOW all day.
- 2Serve with a nice hunk of hearty peasant bread.
- 3For variation, replace 1 cup of the potatoes with 1 cup of diced rutabaga.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Roadkill Soup
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 243.5
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 51.4 mg
- Sodium 270.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 16.6 g