Recipe by Olha
This family favorite is delicious enough to serve at an elegant dinner party. Spoon into crystal goblets and serve warm or cold.
Lightly greased slow cooker stoneware
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup arborio rice (see tips, below)
- 1⁄4 cup dried cherries (see tips)
- 2 tablespoons ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 cups milk (see tips)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- toasted sliced almonds (optional)
- whipped cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In prepared slow cooker greased stoneware, mix together sugar, rice, cherries, almonds, lemon zest and salt.
- Whisk together milk, eggs and almond extract, and stir into rice mixture.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours, until rice is tender and pudding is set.
- Serve warm, garnished with toasted almonds and whipped cream, if desired. Serves 6.
- Long-grain white rice can be successfully used in this recipe, but the pudding will not be as creamy as one made with arborio rice.
- Use 1 cup fresh, pitted cherries in place of the dried cherries, if desired. Or substitute an equal quantity of dried cranberries, instead.
- For a rich pudding, use half milk and half cream.
- Delicious & Dependable Slow Cooker Recipes.