Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This family favorite is delicious enough to serve at an elegant dinner party. Spoon into crystal goblets and serve warm or cold.
Lightly greased slow cooker stoneware
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup arborio rice (see tips, below)
- 1⁄4 cup dried cherries (see tips)
- 2 tablespoons ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 cups milk (see tips)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- toasted sliced almonds (optional)
- whipped cream (optional)
- In prepared slow cooker greased stoneware, mix together sugar, rice, cherries, almonds, lemon zest and salt.
- Whisk together milk, eggs and almond extract, and stir into rice mixture.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours, until rice is tender and pudding is set.
- Serve warm, garnished with toasted almonds and whipped cream, if desired. Serves 6.
- Long-grain white rice can be successfully used in this recipe, but the pudding will not be as creamy as one made with arborio rice.
- Use 1 cup fresh, pitted cherries in place of the dried cherries, if desired. Or substitute an equal quantity of dried cranberries, instead.
- For a rich pudding, use half milk and half cream.
- Delicious & Dependable Slow Cooker Recipes.
Easy and delicious! I didn't have any fresh lemons for zest so I used 1 teaspoon of lemon extract. Otherwise, I prepared it as written. A definite keeper.