4 hrs 10 mins
This family favorite is delicious enough to serve at an elegant dinner party. Spoon into crystal goblets and serve warm or cold.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Lightly greased slow cooker stoneware
- 1In prepared slow cooker greased stoneware, mix together sugar, rice, cherries, almonds, lemon zest and salt.
- 2Whisk together milk, eggs and almond extract, and stir into rice mixture.
- 3Cover and cook on high for 4 hours, until rice is tender and pudding is set.
- 4Serve warm, garnished with toasted almonds and whipped cream, if desired. Serves 6.
- 6Long-grain white rice can be successfully used in this recipe, but the pudding will not be as creamy as one made with arborio rice.
- 7Use 1 cup fresh, pitted cherries in place of the dried cherries, if desired. Or substitute an equal quantity of dried cranberries, instead.
- 8For a rich pudding, use half milk and half cream.
- 9Delicious & Dependable Slow Cooker Recipes.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Rice Pudding With Cherries and Almonds
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 298.4
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 93.2 mg
- Sodium 129.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 25.3 g
- Protein 8.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: