Recipe by Guava Girl
Just like its namesake, the Reuben sandwich. This is so good and a hit when you need an unusual appetizer. People are always surprised when they take that first bite. I think it came from the Taste of Home magazine.
Top Review by WorkingMom2three
Really yummy, very easy to make, and everyone loved it. I preferred to have it on wheat thins to the mini pumpernickel - maybe it was too much bread? But maybe a loaf of pumpernickel or rye that is torn into pieces would be good.
- 1 (8 ounce) packagesoftened cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1⁄2 lb deli corned beef, finely chopped
- 1 cup sauerkraut, drained, rinsed and chopped
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese (4 oz.)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- rye cocktail bread or cracker
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat cream cheese, sour cream& ketchup until smooth.
- Stir in corned beef, sauerkraut, Swiss cheese, and onion until blended.
- Transfer to a small greased crock pot.
- Cook on Low 3 to 4 hours.
- May also be baked in a covered 1 qt dish for 30 minutes at 375*.
- Serve with crackers or snack rye bread.