Recipe by PSU Lioness
This is from the book Fix It and Forget It. It is one that I want to try so I figured I'd post it.
- 1⁄2 lb corned beef, shredded
- 1 (16 ounce) can sauerkraut, well drained
- 1 -2 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 1 -2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- rye cocktail bread
- thousand island dressing
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except bread and Thousand Island dressing in the slow cooker; mix well.
- Cover. Cook on High 1-2 hours until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Turn to Low and keep warm in cooker while serving. Server spread on bread slices and top with Thousand Island dressing.
- Note: Using low-fat cheese and mayo is NOT recommended for this recipe!