Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep time includes over night soaking of beans
Make and share this Crock Pot Refried Beans recipe from Food.com.
- The night before you want to cook the beans.
- Rinse beans several times in warm water.
- Put them in a large pot.
- Cover with cold water up to 2-3 inches above beans.
- Let set over night.
- Drain and rinse beans.
- Layer bacon strips on bottom of crock pot.
- Top with remaining ingredients and beans.
- Cover with water about 1 inch or so above beans.
- Add remaining ingredients to pot.
- Turn on and cook all day until beans are tender.
- Bacon will float to the top but that's ok.
- Remove bay leaves.
- Mash beans with potato masher.
- As mashed as you like them.
- I mash the bacon up with the beans but you can remove it.
- I like to leave it with some whole beans too.
- You can re-cook these in a non stick skillet.
- Serve with grated cheese and chopped green onions.
- Or anything else that you like to go with your beans.