Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Much better than canned and a lot more healthy because there is no preservatives.
Make and share this Crock Pot Refried Beans recipe from Food.com.
- Sort and rinse beans, add to crockpot, cover with 6 cups of water and soak overnight.
- Remove water from the crockpot and rinse beans.
- Add 6 cups of water and salt.
- Cover and cook at least 10 hours.
- Remove liquid and save for later.
- Move beans to a bowl.
- Sauté onions and garlic in oil over medium heat until tender, then add to blender along with chilies and cumin.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add about 2 cups of the cooked beans to blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into crock pot.
- repeat until all of the beans have been blended and added to the crockpot.
- Stir well and add liquid from cooking the beans into the crockpot about 1 cup at a time until the beans are the consistency that you like, I usually do about 2 cups.
- Cook on high for about 30 minutes.
- Stir and enjoy.