1/1 Photo of Crock Pot Recipe Black Beans and Corn Etc.
6 hrs 15 mins
The chicken comes out lovely & tender, the bone in adds flavor. You may substitute Pork Country style ribs for the chicken. If you wish you may brown the thighs before adding to the pot. I say the chili flakes are optional but taste the mixture after 1 hour and then add as much chili flakes to meet the heat that you like. I like close to 2 tsps but it is up to you.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (19 ounce) can black beans, rinsed
- 1 (227 ml) can sliced water chestnuts
- 1 (7 ounce) can corn kernels
- 3 leeks, cleaned, white part only, sliced
- 3/4 cup onion, sweet, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cups carrots, sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds & membrane removed, finely chopped
- 8 skinless chicken thighs, bone in
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili flakes (optional)
- 1Layer half the black beans, water chestnuts, corn, leeks,.
- 2onions, carrots, jalapeno, garlic & tomatoes.
- 3Sprinkle with the Oregano & chili flakes.
- 4Place the thighs on top & repeat layers ending with the last.
- 5half of the tomatoes on top.
- 6Turn Crock Pot to low and cook for 6 hours.
- 7That's all there is to it Hope you enjoy it!
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Recipe Black Beans and Corn Etc.
Serving Size: 1 (502 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 496.7
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 114.5 mg
- Sodium 461.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.1 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 43.4 g