Recipe by ~Bekah~
This is a recipe that I adopted from a sweet chef by the name of CBW. A real doll. "I always plan a crock pot meal for Sunday afternoon so that it's all ready after church, and I wanted something different than the chicken we usually end up with. This was a big hit!"
Top Review by SarasotaCook
Made this Monday for a working lunch. Overall, very good, I did make some changes. I added some diced spicy Italian sausage, but used cheese ravioli. Just not fond of beef ravioli that much. Too much tomato for me, so I stuck with a very good quality pasta sauce and some Italian diced tomatoes for a little texture. It said red peppers ... to me that is red bell peppers. Red pepper flakes are completely different. I used 1/2 diced red bell pepper, which is sweet and a pinch of red pepper flakes. I also used 1/2 cup white wine and 1/2 cup beef broth for a little white wine for a kick, just a touch and plenty of salt and pepper. No reason to use water when you can add more flavor with broth or wine. The cheese I served at the end once served in a family style bowl. No reason to add it early. Two 2 minutes on top the ravioli and it was melted. I also used some fresh rated pecorino along with the mozz. I put the sausage on the bottom and then the ravioli. I think overall it was a good dish, but it definitely for me, needed some additional flavors and texture to the dish. But a great idea and the ravioli did turn out very good, not mushy, very well cooked. Four 4 hours was just right, even with the sausage. Thx
- 1 (25 ounce) bag beef ravioli
- 1 (26 ounce) jar pasta sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 -3 teaspoons red peppers
- Italian spices
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour about half of the pasta sauce in the bottom of crock pot.
- Add frozen ravioli.
- Pour additional pasta sauce, tomato sauce, water, and red pepper over ravioli (I usually pour the pasta sauce on first and then shake together the tomato sauce, water, and red pepper in the empty pasta sauce jar to mix them).
- Sprinkle Italian seasonings over sauces.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Turn crock pot on low and cook for 4-5 hours (until ravioli are tender).