- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 14 ounces stewed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 16 ounces bow tie pasta
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, brown ground beef, onion and garlic. Cook until onion becomes clear and soft, approximately 20 minutes. Drain excess fat and add to crock pot.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, oregano, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Stir to break up stewed tomatoes. Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours.
- During the last 30 minutes turn on high. Stir in cooked pasta and cheese. Server immediately when mozzarella cheese is melted.