Recipe by Olha
Here's a lower fat variation on the theme of pulled pork, a barbecue favorite from the South. If you like intensely smoky flavour, increase the quantity of the liquid smoke, but be careful--a little goes a long way. Serve this between hot split onion or Kaiser buns, accompanied by a bowl of coleslaw for a "down home" dinner that all will enjoy.
Top Review by zoo66
This was very good...my whole family loved it. The only change I made was to sub the corn syrup with molasses and honey, and to make 1 1/2 times the sauce recipe to make it juicier. Came out perfect!
- 3 -4 lbs skinless turkey legs or 3 -4 lbs skinless turkey breast
- 1 small onion, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup tomato ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard or 1⁄4 cup coarse grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- warm bun
Directions See How It's Made
- Place turkey in slow cooker stoneware.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine remaining ingredients except for liquid smoke.
- Bring to boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in liquid smoke.
- Pour sauce over turkey.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours, until turkey is falling apart.
- Transfer turkey to a cutting board and pull meat off the bones in shreds, using two forks.
- Return to sauce and keep warm.
- When ready to serve, spoon shredded turkey and sauce over warm buns.
- Delicious& Dependable Slow Cooker Recipes.