Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Surprisingly tasty and the result of a mistake that left me needing to come up with a dinner with super easy prep. Freezer to table. I grabbed my crockpot, took a pork tenderloin out of the freezer stuck it in the pot & free poured apple cider I had on hand over it. Put it on & went to work. Later in the day the meat was cooking well, but for our tastes, I knew I had to kick up the flavor. I only had a few minutes to spare. That's when I came up with the other 2 ingredients. Tossed them in & turned down the heat & went back to work. How simple is that! I don't think I spent 5 minutes altogether!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs whole frozen pork tenderloin
- 1 1⁄2 cups apple cider
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peppercorn
- 1⁄3 cup brandy
- 8 ounces sauerkraut
- Place the tenderloin in crockpot with the salt & peppercorns. Pour apple cider over. Turn to 300 degrees for 3 hours.
- Pour in brandy, add sauerkraut, test for salt, add more to taste, reduce heat to 200 degrees for another 3 to 4 hours.
- Remove lid if necessary to boil off extra liquid before shredding with 2 forks.
- Serve as a main dish, with beans or mashies or on a toasted roll with melted swiss cheese. Sooo good!