1/5 Photos of Crock Pot Pulled Pork Tacos and then Some
13 hrs 20 mins
Sandi (From CA)'s Note:
With the leftovers from the pulled pork recipe below, we have a) made sandwiches, b) combined some with BBQ sauce and c) ate it straight from the bowl in the fridge… all sheer bliss. Today when I spied the last of our supply, I was inspired to make tacos with all my favorite toppings and here they are. You will have leftover pulled pork and be darned thankful for it! Time estimate does not include overnight marinating.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
FOR THE PORK (use 3 cups of the finished pork roast)
- 2 1/2-4 lbs boneless pork shoulder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon mesquite powder
- 1/2 cup frozen apple juice concentrate
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
FOR THE TACOS
- 1Making the pork: COMBINE BROWN SUGAR THROUGH MESQUITE POWDER. Spread over entire roast. Refrigerate roast in a Ziploc bag for up to 24 hours.
- 2PLACE APPLE JUICE and VINEGAR in a crock pot and add the spiced shoulder being careful not to lose the rub. Cook on high for two hours, then reduce to low for 10 more hours.
- 3REMOVE THE ROAST and let rest for 30 minutes.
- 4PULL roast apart with two forks.
- 5Making the tacos: HEAT OIL in small fry pan on medium-high until hot. Fry tortillas for about 30 seconds on each side so they're starting to turn crispy but are still quite pliable. Drain on paper towels or paper bag.
- 6SPREAD SOUR CREAM down the center of each tortilla along with slices of avocado and some cilantro.
- 7DIVIDE THE PORK equally and top each taco with a portion. Finish with mild green taco sauce to taste and the optional onions and/or cheese.
- 8FOLD TACO IN HALF and meditate while you lose yourself in culinary heaven!
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Pulled Pork Tacos and then Some
Serving Size: 1 (781 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1619.0
- Calories from Fat 1211
- Total Fat 134.6 g
- Saturated Fat 32.7 g
- Cholesterol 216.4 mg
- Sodium 2037.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.7 g
- Sugars 19.5 g
- Protein 53.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: