Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 hrs
This is so easy and so good. For speedier pork, cook on high for six hours.
- 1360.77 g boneless pork butt
- 170.09 g can tomato paste
- 118.29 ml barbecue sauce
- 78.07 ml white vinegar
- 29.58 ml dark brown sugar, packed
- 14.79 ml lime zest, grated
- 14.79 ml chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4.92 ml salt
- 473.18 ml Coleslaw
- 1 scallion, sliced
- 12 taco shells
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- Place pork in 3 quart slow cooker.
- Combine next 8 ingredients; spoon over pork.
- Cover; on low, cook until very tender, 12 hours.
- Transfer to plate; using 2 forks, shred.
- Return pork to sauce in cooker.
- Toss coleslaw with scallion.
- Serve pork in taco shells with coleslaw and tomato.
I Sous Vide the pork at 155F for 36 hours. It fell apart with forks and ultimately melted in my mouth. However did not absorb the flavors of the sauce which is just as well as the sauce was not the best. I doctored the sauce and the pork was so soft it absorbed it well. I put together soft tacos and they were great.
These were very good, both tender and fall-apart. The guys in the house gobbled them up. I found the taste of tomato paste to be a bit dominant so would maybe use just a half a can. Thanks for a family pleaser :)