Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 hrs
This is so easy and so good. For speedier pork, cook on high for six hours.
Make and share this Crock Pot Pulled Pork Tacos recipe from Food.com.
- 3 lbs boneless pork butt
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄3 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon lime zest, grated
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Coleslaw
- 1 scallion, sliced
- 12 taco shells
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- Place pork in 3 quart slow cooker.
- Combine next 8 ingredients; spoon over pork.
- Cover; on low, cook until very tender, 12 hours.
- Transfer to plate; using 2 forks, shred.
- Return pork to sauce in cooker.
- Toss coleslaw with scallion.
- Serve pork in taco shells with coleslaw and tomato.
I Sous Vide the pork at 155F for 36 hours. It fell apart with forks and ultimately melted in my mouth. However did not absorb the flavors of the sauce which is just as well as the sauce was not the best. I doctored the sauce and the pork was so soft it absorbed it well. I put together soft tacos and they were great.
These were very good, both tender and fall-apart. The guys in the house gobbled them up. I found the taste of tomato paste to be a bit dominant so would maybe use just a half a can. Thanks for a family pleaser :)