Prep 12 hrs
Cook 14 hrs
Very simple and yummy!! I use All-Purpose Red Rub Zaar #318843 and Mutha Sauce Zaar #318384, both from Dinosaur BBQ. Prep time includes overnight refrigeration.
- 1133.98-1814.36 g boneless pork shoulder (Boston Butt)
- 59.14-118.29 ml your favorite barbecue rub (#318843)
- 118.29 ml frozen apple juice concentrate
- 118.29 ml cider vinegar
- Coat the pork with the rub. Place in a plastic bag overnight in the fridge.
- Next morning, put the juice and vinegar in crockpot and add the pork.
- Start the crock on high, turn down to low after an hour and a half.
- Cook for 12 to 14 hours total.
- Remove the pork and let rest for at least one-half hour.
- Shred the pork on a roll with Mutha Sauce (#318384), or your favorite sauce.
I live in eastern North Carolina, where pulled pork bbq is KING, so you could say that I am a bbq connoisseur. While cooking pork in the crock pot doesn't yield the same flavor as smoking the pork over hickory wood chips, this was still pretty good. The pork was definitely tender and juicy, not dry at all. If you don't have time to cook the pork on Low for 10-12 hours, you could cook it on the High setting for 6. Thanks princessmommie. Made for Pick a Chef, Fall 2011.