Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Cake made in the crock pot? You bet! Found on another website.
Make and share this Crock Pot Pudding Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (18 ounce) boxchocolate devil's food cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup oil
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Spray crock pot bowl with non-stick spray.
- In mixing bowl, combine dry cake mix, dry pudding mix, sour cream, eggs, water and oil; beat with mixer on medium speed 2 minutes.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into crock pot bowl; cover and cook on low 4 to 7 hours (time depends on the power of your crock pot).
- Center should be just set.
- Finished cake will be very moist.
- A toothpick inserted near center should come out with moist crumbs when done.
I made this for a work potluck. Everyone loved it, and some were asking to "lick the bowl". I served it with Cool Whip.
This is so good it's almost illegal! Be sure to watch the last few hours so it doesn't get too done. Served it with homemade ice cream and got RAvE reviews.