Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is a favorite I like to take to picnics.
- 1 lb lean ground meat
- 1 lb smoked bacon, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 (30 ounce) canpork n' beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- Use a 6-quart or larger crock pot.
- In a skillet, brown the hamburger, bacon, and onion.
- Add the rest of the ingredients into the crock pot.
- Drain the meat well and dump into crock pot.
- Gentley mix ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-10 hours, depending on crock pot.
- Stir well and serve.
Simple and delicious! I used half pound of turkey bacon and some chili powder instead of the liquid smoke. Everyone seemed to enjoy last night and I'm planning to serve again tonight at another BBQ - this makes a bunch! Made for PRMR.