1/2 Photos of Crock Pot Potatoes Boulangere
8 hrs 15 mins
Dreamer in Ontario's Note:
Before ovens were part of every home in France people would drop their Sunday roast off at the local baker, surrounded by sliced onions and potatoes, on the way to church. On their way home they would pick up the cooked meal ready to enjoy! This is a slow cooker version. I'm sure you'll love this. If you love potatoes and onions how could you not? Recipe found in The 150 Best Slow Cooker Recipes. You can partially prepare this dish the night before. Complete the first 4 steps and refrigerate overnight. The next day you simply continue cooking as directed in step 5. This dish is even better if you use a really good homemade stock but commercial stock works well, too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 6 potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 -2 cup vegetable stock or 1 -2 cup chicken stock or 1 -2 cup beef stock
- 1 cup swiss cheese (optional) or 1 cup gruyere cheese, shredded (optional)
- 1Melt butter in skillet over medium heat, add onions and cook, stirring, until softened.
- 2Add thyme, salt and pepper and cook for 1 minute then remove from heat.
- 3Grease slow cooker crock and place thin layer of onions on bottom, add layer of potatoes, and repeat until all potatoes and onions are used up, finishing with a layer of potatoes.
- 4Add stock to cover.(If making ahead, place in refrigerator at this point).
- 5Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or High for 4 to 5 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- 6If using the optional cheese, transfer contents to a baking dish, sprinkle with cheese and brown under a preheated broiler.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Potatoes Boulangere
Serving Size: 1 (276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 345.2
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 22.9 mg
- Sodium 678.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.0 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 7.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: