Crock Pot Potatoes Au Gratin
- Place potatoes over bottom of 5-quart slow cooker.
- Toss gently with diced ham and egg slices.
- Melt butter or margarine in large skillet over medium heat; add onion and celery and saute until tender, about 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Sprinkle flour, salt and pepper on vegetables; slowly blend in milk.
- bring to boiling point, stirring constantly until mixture thickens.
- Stir in 1 cup of the grated cheese to melt; stir in parsley.
- Pour sauce over potato mixture; stir gently to blend.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cook, covered, on low setting for 8 hours.
- Serves 8.
- NOTE: This recipe is a double energy saver.
- Serve half for one meal.
- Cool and chill remaining potatoes; reheat on low setting for 30 minutes the next day.
- Energy-Wise Cooking.