1/1 Photo of Crock Pot Potatoes Au Gratin
8 hrs 10 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 cups diced precooked ham
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1Place potatoes over bottom of 5-quart slow cooker.
- 2Toss gently with diced ham and egg slices.
- 3Melt butter or margarine in large skillet over medium heat; add onion and celery and saute until tender, about 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 4Sprinkle flour, salt and pepper on vegetables; slowly blend in milk.
- 5bring to boiling point, stirring constantly until mixture thickens.
- 6Stir in 1 cup of the grated cheese to melt; stir in parsley.
- 7Pour sauce over potato mixture; stir gently to blend.
- 8Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 9Cook, covered, on low setting for 8 hours.
- 10Serves 8.
- 11NOTE: This recipe is a double energy saver.
- 12Serve half for one meal.
- 13Cool and chill remaining potatoes; reheat on low setting for 30 minutes the next day.
- 14Energy-Wise Cooking.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Potatoes Au Gratin
Serving Size: 1 (458 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 520.0
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 151.1 mg
- Sodium 1116.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 25.5 g