Top Review by *Parsley*
My family absolutely LOVED this! I made layers of potatoes, ham, egg slices and sauce 3 times instead of stirring all together. I didn't want to break any egg slices. My kids really loved finding an occassional egg slice. I added a little mustard to the cheese sauce. I'll be making this again and add extra eggs per my kids' request. Thanx!
- 6 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 cups diced precooked ham
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 3⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes over bottom of 5-quart slow cooker.
- Toss gently with diced ham and egg slices.
- Melt butter or margarine in large skillet over medium heat; add onion and celery and saute until tender, about 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Sprinkle flour, salt and pepper on vegetables; slowly blend in milk.
- bring to boiling point, stirring constantly until mixture thickens.
- Stir in 1 cup of the grated cheese to melt; stir in parsley.
- Pour sauce over potato mixture; stir gently to blend.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cook, covered, on low setting for 8 hours.
- Serves 8.
- NOTE: This recipe is a double energy saver.
- Serve half for one meal.
- Cool and chill remaining potatoes; reheat on low setting for 30 minutes the next day.
- Energy-Wise Cooking.