Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
- 2 tablespoons dried onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 medium potatoes, scrubbed & sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- Lightly grease Crock-Pot. In small bowl, combine onion, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Layer 1/4 of sliced potatoes in bottom of Crock-Pot. Sprinkle with 1/4 seasonings.
- Layer with 1/3 cream cheese cubes.
- Continue layering process, ending with layer of potatoes then sprinkle with seasonings.
- Cover and cook on high 3 to 4 hours.
- In last hour of cooking, stir potatoes to distribute cream cheese. Serve when potatoes are tender.
- Note: Potatoes can be slightly mashed before serving.
- Time saving tips: Cook potatoes in boiling water for about 30 minutes or until tender then cut into strips.
- Mixture should be cooked on low 6 to 8 hours or on high 2 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- Substitute 32 oz.frozen hash browns for potatoes and prepare as directed.
- Cook on low 4 to 6 hours or on high 2 hours.
The potatoes turned a very unappealing shade of gray. Although they tasted ok once you got past the looks, my kids wouldn't eat them.
Took longer than expected and the presentation of color was unappealing. However, the taste was good, not sure I'll make again.