Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 hrs 30 mins
Make and share this Crock Pot Potato Stuffed Cabbage recipe from Food.com.
- 1 head cabbage
- 5 lbs potatoes, peeled
- 2 onions
- 1⁄2 cup rice, raw
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 egg whites
- 28 ounces tomatoes
- 1 apple, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Parboil cabbage and separate the leaves.
- Slice off part of the heavy stalk of each leaf by slicing parallel to the leaf (do not cut into the leaf).
- Grate potatoes, small inner leaves of cabbage, and one of the onions.
- Mix together.
- Add rice, dill, and black pepper.
- Beat egg whites until frothy and add to potato mixture.
- Set aside two or three of the largest leaves.
- Fill each remaining cabbage leaf with approximately 2 tablespoon of the potato mixture.
- Fold up bottom of leaf, then fold in the sides, and roll up.
- Secure with toothpick if necessary.
- Slice the reserved leaves and line the bottom of crock pot with them.
- Slice second onion and layer on top of cabbage.
- Add tomatoes, apple, and ginger.
- Place rolled stuffed cabbages into pot.
- Cook at low heat for 4 to 5 hours.