Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 hrs
I got this recipe from Recipe Goldmine. I haven't made this yet but plan to soon. It looks like it would be a great soup to make in your crock pot before work or on a busy day, and come home to on a cold winter night!
- 6 potatoes, peeled, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 leeks, washed and cut into bite size pieces (optional)
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 carrot, pared and sliced
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 5 -6 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, fried and crumbled (optional)
- chopped chives
- Peel 6 large potatoes. Cut into bite-size pieces.
- Put in crock pot along with leeks, onions, carrot, chicken bouillon cubes, parsley flakes, chopped celery, salt, water, butter, pepper, evaporated milk, and flour.
- Mix well.
- Cook on low 8 to 10 hours.
- Garnish with crumbled bacon and chives.
We really enjoyed this soup! I only used 3 potatoes, that was plenty in my 5 quart crockpot. I also used veg. boullion and no bacon or chives but it was fabulous. Like the previous reviewer, it made my house smell wonderful all day. YUM!
While this soup was cooking the kitchen smelled divine. So, I had high hopes for how it tasted. Well, it passed the test! It was wonderful. Everyone thought so! Thanks for the recipe. It was so easy and so good.