Recipe by Little Bee
I got this recipe from Recipe Goldmine. I haven't made this yet but plan to soon. It looks like it would be a great soup to make in your crock pot before work or on a busy day, and come home to on a cold winter night!
Top Review by ***chef katie***
We really enjoyed this soup! I only used 3 potatoes, that was plenty in my 5 quart crockpot. I also used veg. boullion and no bacon or chives but it was fabulous. Like the previous reviewer, it made my house smell wonderful all day. YUM!
- 6 potatoes, peeled, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 leeks, washed and cut into bite size pieces (optional)
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 carrot, pared and sliced
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 5 -6 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, fried and crumbled (optional)
- chopped chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel 6 large potatoes. Cut into bite-size pieces.
- Put in crock pot along with leeks, onions, carrot, chicken bouillon cubes, parsley flakes, chopped celery, salt, water, butter, pepper, evaporated milk, and flour.
- Mix well.
- Cook on low 8 to 10 hours.
- Garnish with crumbled bacon and chives.