Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Wonderful comfort food recipe. Souper creamy!
- 5 lbs potatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 large onion
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- salt and pepper
- bacon bits (optional)
- cheddar cheese (optional)
- Peel and cut up potatoes and onion.
- Put in crock pot and cover with water.
- Cook 4-5 hours.
- Approximately 1 1/2 hours before eating add cream cheese, margarine, cream of chicken soup, milk, and salt and pepper blend
- Cook until warm throughout.
- Top with bacon bits and cheddar cheese
- Serve and ENJOY.
very good,i was a little skeptic with it being in the crock, but this was so creamy. thanks for sharing.
Loved this recipe! I cut it in half and used my small crock. I substituted cream of potato instead of chicken and I took my masher to the potatoes before adding all the other ingredients. This is a definite SAVE for my files.