Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
make this on a chilly day
- 4 potatoes, cubed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup flour (mixed with small amount of water)
- Place potatoes, onion, butter, bouillon, parsley and water in crock pot.
- Cook 6-8 hours on low heat.
- 1/2 hour prior to serving add milk and flour mixture, turn on high and allow to thicken.
- NOTE: if desired, add grated cheese or velveeta, and use evaporated milk instead of regular for a Cheese potato soup.
Easy to follow, changed it up a bit. Sauted the leek and added onion. Dusted the softened leek and onion mixture to coat all. Then put in crock pot with water not stock. Didn't seem to change the taste at all.
Very good, simple recipe. I added some cheddar cheese and sour cream at the end. Tasty! Thanks for sharing!
This soup hits the spot on a cold winter day. I used evaporated milk instead of regular milk and I also added 8 oz of Velveeta cheese after thickening the soup with the flour. This is a cheap, tasty meal.