Recipe by *Parsley*
Easy and filling. I use reduced-fat versions of the products, but if you want to use regular, go for it.
Top Review by Darkhunter
Thanks, Parsley, for a great tasty meal. Once everything was chopped and mixed it was a breeze to bring together. Didn't grease my pot, but did use a liner. Easy clean-up! Will put this in my cookbook to have again!
- 1 (2 lb) bag frozen cubed hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 lb reduced-fat kielbasa, sliced
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped carrots, I use preshredded bagged
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 1⁄2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut up
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups reduced-fat sour cream, mixed with
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄2-1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- additional milk, as needed
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray or grease a large crock pot. Do NOT forget to do this!
- Place thawed potatoes, sliced kielbasa, garlic, onion, carrots, celery, red bell pepper and butter in the crock pot.
- Sprinkle with the salt, pepper, parsley and Worcestershire.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream, flour, dry mustard and milk until smooth; pour into crockpot.
- Stir everything together.
- Cover and cook on low for about 6-8 hours (crockpot cook times vary).
- After cooking time is over, lift lid and stir in desired amount of sharp cheddar cheese until melted. Add extra milk, if needed, to get desired moistness.