Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Another of my aunt's recipes. Great for those cold nights.
- 8 cups diced potatoes
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed, softened
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Combine potatoes, onion, broth, and cream of chicken soup in crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- Add cream cheese and blend.
- Top with bacon and chives before serving.
Want this chowder to be really over the top? Make recipe as stated but add these spices: 1 1/2 tsp. white pepper, 1 tsp. dried basil, and 1/2 tsp. thyme. We garnished ours with: bacon, sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, and lots of sliced green onions (the green part) YUM!!
Stacylu, 5 stars for flavor and ease! I went a little nuts at my roomates suggestions and started adding other good stuff to this recipe which is aother good reason for 5 stars. Let's see...we added whole kernel and creamed corn. I used grilled, cajun spiced sausage instead of bacon because it's what I had on hand. I didn't realize until too late that I used herbed chicken broth. I didn't have chives either. I didn't set out to make so many additions to this recipe but it turned out great anyway! I served with buttermilk cornbread. I will have the leftovers today for lunch and tonight with grilled cabbage. Thanks for posting!!
Fantastic! I only had 3 large russet potatoes, so I used 3 sweet potatoes and the combined flavor was out of this world! This has become one of my go-to recipes. Thank you.