Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is a fav in my family.
- 2 lbs cooked smoked link sausage, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 (15 ounce) cans yellow hominy, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup coarsely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a 4 1/2 to 6-quart slow cooker, combine the sausage, hominy, tomato sauce, onion, bell pepper, tomato juice, and oregano.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours. Sprinkle cheese on the top of each serving.
My DH loved the recipe. I followed exactly and added a can of diced tomatoes. SO easy and tasted fabulous with rice!