Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My mother made roast, potatoes & carrots like this for as long as I can remember. When I make it I don't usually measure anything that goes in it, but all in all it always turns out wonderful.
- Set your crock pot to low or simmer setting and let it heat up while you prepare the rest of the meal.
- If you drink coffee and have made some previously that would still be fresh, you may use it, it does not need to be hot because it will re-warm in the crock pot. If you do not have any coffee, then make 3 cups of it either in a coffee maker or the microwave. I do not drink coffee, so I recommend using 3 Folgers Singles (Classic Decaf).
- Cut your potatoes into halves. Leaving the peel on, salt and pepper them to your tasting and then set them aside.
- Place your roast in the crock pot first. Salt and pepper it according to your liking and I like to add a little sprinkle of garlic powder and onion powder.
- Pour your coffee into the crock pot, making sure to drench the roast in the process.
- Open your 1 lb. of baby carrots and put them around your roast so that they are completely under the coffee.
- Take your potato halves and put them with the inside of the potato touching the roast and partly in the coffee. This will depend on the size of your roast and crock pot, but make sure it is touching both the meat and the coffee in order to get the best flavor.
- Leave your crock pot on low or simmer for 6 hours, making sure to check on your potatoes after about 4 hours so that you are sure they will be cooked throughly.