6 hrs 20 mins
Chef Chele #2's Note:
My mother made roast, potatoes & carrots like this for as long as I can remember. When I make it I don't usually measure anything that goes in it, but all in all it always turns out wonderful.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set your crock pot to low or simmer setting and let it heat up while you prepare the rest of the meal.
- 2If you drink coffee and have made some previously that would still be fresh, you may use it, it does not need to be hot because it will re-warm in the crock pot. If you do not have any coffee, then make 3 cups of it either in a coffee maker or the microwave. I do not drink coffee, so I recommend using 3 Folgers Singles (Classic Decaf).
- 3Cut your potatoes into halves. Leaving the peel on, salt and pepper them to your tasting and then set them aside.
- 4Place your roast in the crock pot first. Salt and pepper it according to your liking and I like to add a little sprinkle of garlic powder and onion powder.
- 5Pour your coffee into the crock pot, making sure to drench the roast in the process.
- 6Open your 1 lb. of baby carrots and put them around your roast so that they are completely under the coffee.
- 7Take your potato halves and put them with the inside of the potato touching the roast and partly in the coffee. This will depend on the size of your roast and crock pot, but make sure it is touching both the meat and the coffee in order to get the best flavor.
- 8Leave your crock pot on low or simmer for 6 hours, making sure to check on your potatoes after about 4 hours so that you are sure they will be cooked throughly.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Pot Roast - Tender & Juicy
Serving Size: 1 (886 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2207.1
- Calories from Fat 1205
- Total Fat 133.9 g
- Saturated Fat 54.0 g
- Cholesterol 469.4 mg
- Sodium 616.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 107.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.3 g
- Sugars 14.7 g
- Protein 137.2 g