5 hrs 15 mins
My Mom's tried and true. To me it's one of my all time favorite comfort food.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 lbs boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 (14 ounce) can Italian tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package egg noodles, cooked, drained and buttered
- 1Heat oil in a skillet and brown roast on all side; remove from pan.
- 2In the same skillet saute' carrots, onion and garlic for three minutes.
- 3Put veggies in crock pot and place roast on top.
- 4Combine remaining ingredients (except noodles) and pour over roast.
- 5Cook on low 10- 12 hours or high for 5- 6 hours.
- 6Shred beef and return to gravy.
- 7Serve over hot buttered noodles.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Pot Roast over Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (424 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 558.4
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 162.1 mg
- Sodium 691.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 16.7 g
- Protein 48.2 g