Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My Mom's tried and true. To me it's one of my all time favorite comfort food.
Make and share this Crock Pot Pot Roast over Noodles recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 (14 ounce) can Italian tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package egg noodles, cooked, drained and buttered
- Heat oil in a skillet and brown roast on all side; remove from pan.
- In the same skillet saute' carrots, onion and garlic for three minutes.
- Put veggies in crock pot and place roast on top.
- Combine remaining ingredients (except noodles) and pour over roast.
- Cook on low 10- 12 hours or high for 5- 6 hours.
- Shred beef and return to gravy.
- Serve over hot buttered noodles.