Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I got this recipe from my mom about 3 months ago and I've already used it 3 times. I love it! It's so incredibly easy and I will never use another one. The flavor is amazing. All the ingredient amounts depend on the size of your crock pot and how full you fill it. I fill mine to the tippy top!
- 3 lbs red potatoes, cut up (as much as you can fit)
- 1 -2 lb carrot (as much as you can fit)
- 3 -4 lbs beef chuck roast (I have used several different ones)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (1 ounce) packet onion soup mix
- Cut up potatoes and carrots to desired size and place in bottom of crock pot. Cover with onion soup mix and cream of mushroom soup, and stir it together until everything is nicely coated. Place your roast on top and flip it over to coat both sides with a some of the sauce. Cook on low 8-10 hours or on high 4-5 hours. If you have more time cook it on low for the best results.
- You can also brown the sides of the roast in a frying pan with a little butter before adding it to the crock pot to help keep the juices inches But this is optional.
Easy roast recipe that turns out tender and delicious! I followed the recipe as directed and cooked on slow for 8 hours. Good stuff! Made for New Kids On The Block Tag Game, 1/16/09.