Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 hrs
I made this last night for dinner and it was so easy and awesome. I breezed in at 6:30 and dinner, was ready and complete with a bag salad and some bread!
- 2 -3 potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 -3 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 -2 onion, peeled and sliced
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, halved
- salt and pepper
- 3 -4 lbs beef brisket or 3 -4 lbs rump roast or 3 -4 lbs pot roast
- 12 ounces beef consomme
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Put veggies in bottom of crock pot.
- Add meat, salt and pepper meat to taste.
- Add consomme.
- Cover and cook on low 10-12 hours or High 5-6 hours.
- Remove meat.
- To thicken to gravy: Make a paste with 1/2 cup flour and 1/2 cup water. Add to pan juices and stir until completely dissolved. Ready in 15 minutes, or when it begins to boil.
We used a 3 lbs roast and used high setting for 30 min to get it going and low for the next 4 hours. The roast appeared done after 4 hours already after which we set it on 'keep warm'. The veggies were too mushy to eat which was ok because we had other side dishes planned. The flavour and tenderness were out of this world! Thanks so much for sharing.