Recipe by YiayiaMouse
From Reynolds brand recipes...One pot meal that cooks itself while you sit in your cubicle at work. Multi-tasking at its finest!
Top Review by jneen
This was yummy! I didn't know how much 1/2 ounce of onion soup mix was, so I guesstimated. I didn't use all the dry stuff in the soup mix but I used most of the onion. I also made gravy by removing the meat when it was done and mixing flour, water and some Kitchen Bouquet and pouring it into the crockpot. Then I put the meat back after it was cut up. It thickened wonderfully and was so good. I took it to a pot luck and there was only one carrot, one potato and some gravy left! The crock pot liner was great, too. Almost no clean up.
- 1⁄4 cup water (or beef broth)
- 4 medium red potatoes, quartered
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 16 ounces baby carrots
- 1⁄2 ounce dry onion soup mix
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 3 lbs boneless beef chuck roast
Directions See How It's Made
- Place crock pot liner inside, if using one.
- Add water and 3/4 of the vegetables.
- Add all but 1T onion soup mix, sprinkled over vegetables.
- Stir to mix/coat well.
- Put salt, pepper and thyme on roast like a rub.
- Place roast ON TOP OF the vegetables.
- Add remaining vegetables around sides of roast.
- Sprinkle with remaining soup mix.
- Cook on LOW 8-9 hours or HIGH 5-6 hours.
- WARNING: DO NOT LIFT LINER FROM CROCK POT! It WILL break!