Recipe by Mary Butterfield
Use your crock pot to make a delicious homemade pot pie!
Top Review by 1021470
We loved this recipe, though I made a couple of changes. I used prepared pie crusts on the top and the bottom and I used a packet of Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning (simply because I had it on hand). I don't like peas, so I did frozen carrots and frozen broccoli. The filling came out so good and I was totally impressed with myself! I highly recommend this recipe. You can follow the basics and make alterations to suit your liking. I will be making this again very soon!
- 3 -4 boneless chicken breasts, cut chicken into bite size pieces
- 2 (10 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas and carrots
- 1 small onion, diced
- italian seasoning mix
- ground pepper
- 2 (7 ounce) packages Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- Combine chicken, soup, milk, potatoes, onions and spices in crock pot.
- Cook on low for 6 Hours.
- Add package of peas and carrots- cook for 10 minutes longer.
- Transfer to pie plate.
- Cover with crescent rolls.
- Bake according to crescent roll's package.