Use your crock pot to make a delicious homemade pot pie!
Make and share this Crock Pot Pot Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 3 -4 boneless chicken breasts, cut chicken into bite size pieces
- 2 (10 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas and carrots
- 1 small onion, diced
- italian seasoning mix
- ground pepper
- 2 (7 ounce) packages Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- Combine chicken, soup, milk, potatoes, onions and spices in crock pot.
- Cook on low for 6 Hours.
- Add package of peas and carrots- cook for 10 minutes longer.
- Transfer to pie plate.
- Cover with crescent rolls.
- Bake according to crescent roll's package.
This was delicious! Here are the changes I made that worked out well:
- Used fat free half and half instead of milk
- Used ranch recipe soup & dip mix instead of italian seasoning, garlic and paprika
- Added other veggies with frozen peas and carrots--I added 8 oz of frozen peas and carrots as well as at least a cup total of broccoli, red bell pepper and celery.
- I used a square 9x9 casserole dish. I greased the dish with butter and lined the bottom of the pan with one of the dough packages. I then cooked that most of the way then added the filling and topped it all off with the remaining package of dough and placed it back in the oven to bake the top
We really like this one. It is very easy and tasty. I agree that a good helping of garlic is a great addition. I also think it needs salt. We use the cresent rolls, but only one package. We just lay them out in one big sheet, sprinkle with cheese, and cook until browned. Then we just cut pieces of the bread to suit the helping of the pot pie. The crust does not get soggy for leftovers (which we also enjoy).
We loved this recipe, though I made a couple of changes. I used prepared pie crusts on the top and the bottom and I used a packet of Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning (simply because I had it on hand). I don't like peas, so I did frozen carrots and frozen broccoli. The filling came out so good and I was totally impressed with myself! I highly recommend this recipe. You can follow the basics and make alterations to suit your liking. I will be making this again very soon!