Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 hrs
There are so many versions but none easier than this. I usually get it ready the night before and refrigerate overnight. Before going to work, I take it out and plug it in. Dinner is ready when I get home. You might want to adjust the amount of chili and seasonings for personal taste. Serve this with corn or flour tortillas.
- 453.59-680.38 g country-style pork ribs, boneless
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 822.13 g can white hominy, drained (Posole)
- 411.06 g can diced tomatoes
- 473.18-709.77 ml chicken stock
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 113.39 g canchopped green chili peppers
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml thyme
- 1.23 ml cumin
- Cube ribs and brown pork in lightly oiled skillet. Add onion and saute until limp. Drain fat.
- Combine pork, onion and remaining ingredients in crock pot.
- Cook on low heat for 5 hours to 6 hours.
This was very good, and I will make it again. I made two small changes to accommodate our tastes. I made it with chicken breasts instead of pork, and added a little olive oil when I browned it to make up a bit of the richness of pork. Also, I added about 12 ounces of chicken broth to make it a little wetter. Thanks for sharing!
Very easy and super tasty. I will make this one again.
I absolutely love this recipe, and have made it countless times! I was looking for a good Posole recipe and stumbled across this one. Definitely worth the try!