Recipe by Madam Krista
I really love this dish. It makes the entire house smell like heaven and tastes so good and healthy.
Top Review by Chef MB
We love this dish. I usually add more chiles and some diced carrot--tasty and more colorful at the same time. We rarely add the sour cream, but we have a friend who likes to crumble tortilla chips into his.
- 2 (822.13 g) can hominy, drained
- 198.44 g can green chili peppers, undrained and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 453.59 g skinless chicken breast half, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 411.06 g can tomatoes with juice, undrained and cut up
- 2 (822.13 g) can low sodium chicken broth
- 4.92 ml dried oregano, crushed
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
- 59.14 ml fresh cilantro, chopped
- 118.29 ml low-fat sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Place hominy, chili peppers, onion, garlic, chicken, tomatoes, chicken broth, oregano, and cumin in your crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 5-6 hours or on high setting for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Stir in cilantro.
- Garnish each serving with low-fat sour cream, if desired.