Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I can make a meal on just these beans. I leave about 1/2 cup of the liquid in the beans. This is a great way to deal with less than fresh supermarket produce.
- 1⁄4 lb lean salt pork, diced
- 2 lbs fresh green beans, cut in thirds
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Spread salt pork over the bottom of a crock pot, top with beans and tomatoes.
- Combine stock, salt, sugar and pepper and pour over beans.
- Cover and cook on High 3-4 hours.
- Drain before serving.
OMG.....these beans were soooooo good. I could easily eat just this for dinner. I loved the flavor from the broth. I will definately make these again. I tried them b/c I was making a Portuguese meal, but I found a repeat recipe from it. Thank you so much for sharing this with us.
Fantastic! It even impressed our Portuguese friends. Bacon was an easy substitute for salt pork. I don't even like green beans, and I'd happily make this again and again, and again.....
Nice way to do beans, though not extraordinary. Good taste, nice texture, would recommend!