Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
We really like this, and there's always a small war over the apricots. Sometimes I strain the juice, add some soy sauce with a little bit of cornstarch to thicken and pour this on top.
- 6 pork chops
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 large onion, cut into 16 wedges
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into 8 wedges each
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and cut into 8 wedges each
- 2 firm pears, peeled,cored and cut into 8 wedges each
- 1 cup dried apricot halves
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- Sprinkle pork with the salt and rub it in.
- In a bowl blend together the sugar, sherry, vinegar, garlic, ginger, pepper, cloves and cinnamon.
- In the bottom of the crock pot layer 1/3 oc the onion and tomato.
- Put on this the pork and fruit then the remaining onions and tomatoes.
- Pour in the vinegar mixture, cover and cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6.
- Serve with rice.
My guests loved this, I did not add the wine and I used a pork shoulder roast. The flavors were great and the presentation when laid out on the platter was lovely!