Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
I searched Zaar and could not find a recipe with this combination of ingredients. It isn't a pretty recipe but it sure tastes good. Use any cut of pork. The recipe doubles easily. I like to serve it with either a green salad or some other vegetable like carrots. Serve with extra honey mustard
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored and cut into bite size pieces
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 3⁄4 cup apple juice or 3⁄4 cup apple cider
- 10 ounces lean pork (butt, tenderloin, chops)
- 2 cups wine-cured sauerkraut
- 6 tablespoons honey mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed (optional)
- Place the cut apple and potato on the bottom of the crock pot.
- Pour in the apple juice.
- Add pork.
- Cover with the Kraut.
- Sprinkle in the Caraway seeds.
- Smear mustard on top.
- Cook on low 5 hours.
Maybe I cut the apples & potatoes too big, but they were still crunchy after 5 hours. Next time I'll cook it a bit longer.
I *never* just try recipes that have no ratings, but I'd made something similar to this before and figured I'd give this a try. It's delicious! And SOOO simple! I really like the addition of the honey mustard, and the cider. Makes for a nice combo of sweet and tangy. I used pork loin. Thanks for this recipe Bergy, I hope more people give it a try. I know for sure that I'll be making this again, this is a great healthy one-dish meal.