1/2 Photos of Crock Pot Pork Tenderloin With Apples and Sweet Potatoes
8 hrs 20 mins
This is easy, and slow cooked. Very tender and great flavor. Apples, nutmeg, rosemary, onions, apple cider, white wine and slow roasted. A great slow cooked easy dish. Try a salad with blue cheese dressing and some fresh rosemary beer bread and you have the perfect fall Sunday Football Meal!! I make this all the times for my pool gang. I play pool 1-2 times per week with 5 guys (the girlfriends too) and I usually cook. This is one of the meals for our Sunday night games. It cooks all day while you do other things. You don't lift a finger other than the last hour when I make my beer bread (1 pan wonder) and make a salad). Please give it a try!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 lbs pork loin
- 3 granny smith apples, thick sliced skin on
- 1 bosc pear, thick sliced skin on (anjou to me is too soft)
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup apple cider (not apple juice)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 large onions, rough chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut in quarters do not chop fine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter (1 to saute, 2 for the crock pot)
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1Pork -- In a large saute pan add 1 tablespoon butter, 1 tablespoon olive oil and heat to medium. Season the pork loin well with salt and pepper and sear on medium heat until golden brown on all sides. Just a minute or less per side.
- 2Crock pot -- Add the pork to the crock pot. To the pan with pork drippings add the apple cider and just deglaze the pan and stir/scrape up all the drippings with a spatula. Add immediately to the crock pot.
- 3Add everything else to the crock pot, vegetables, seasoning, butter, apples, pears, wine, onions, sweet potatoes, etc and just cook.
- 4Cook -- 8-10 hours on low or 6-8 hours on high.
- 5Enjoy -- Slice thin and serve. You can thicken the sauce if you want with a little slurry of corn starch and water but I find that the potatoes and pork soak up most of the juices. The onion and apples are sweet and everything is just perfect. Just a small salad.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Pork Tenderloin With Apples and Sweet Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 435.8
- Calories from Fat 200
- Total Fat 22.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 79.4 mg
- Sodium 1048.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 13.8 g
- Protein 24.7 g