Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is such an easy recipe to make - Put it in the Crock Pot & forget it. I like to add 1 tsp chili flakes. Add salt if you wish. You may use Country style ribs or loin chops but you must trim off all the fat. I find that sometimes cooking too long in the crock pot dries out the meat and found after 4 hours this was just right then turned it to keep warm for 2 more hours - It was wonderful. I found this recipe on the Internet
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork tenderloin, trimmed of any fat, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 large apples, tart ones are best, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 6 green onions, cleaned & chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar or 2 tablespoons artificial sweetener
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
- Put all the ingredients into the crock pot, mix.
- Turn to low.
- Cook for 4- 6 hours.
This was ok. I always love trying crock pot recipes because they are so easy, but I don't think I will be making this again. Thanks for the idea!
I made this for a dinner I had for my parents and my husband and they all loved it! I, on the other hand, didn't care too much for it. I'm sure it's my own personal taste though. Something about the apples with the pork...but again everyone loved it!