10 hrs 30 mins
Shelly (Goodman) Wright's Note:
I love using my Crock Pot and just happend to throw stuff from my pantry in a pot and there you go. The first time I made this, it was almost too hot to eat. Now I crave it. I've changed it here and there, so hopefully this recipe is the final one I came up with.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Toss all ingredients in a Crock pot and cook for min 10 hours (usually I'll start this the night before and let cook all night).
- 2Take out roast and strain the broth, reserving about 3 cups.
- 3Take all the"stuff" you strained out and put into a blender (you'll get a nice paste mixture).
- 4Mix in some of the reserved broth (but you don't want it to be too running) and blend once more.
- 5Shread your pork and place into a large bowl.
- 6Now mix all the stuff you blended into the meat.
- 7Make sure to taste it and adjust if you need more broth or salt and pepper.
- 8Spread mixture on your prepared masa or on a burrito shell.
- 9It's wonderfully flavored.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Pork Tamale Filling
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 273.4
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 107.1 mg
- Sodium 117.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 38.9 g