I put in random spices from my kitchen. Probably not all necessary. I used pork since I don't eat beef. Tasted hot and yummy. Note: I like things saltier than most people, so adjust to your taste.
- 2 lbs pork loin
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Healthy Request cream of mushroom soup
- 1 dash paprika
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon jamaican jerk spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon season salt
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms (not drained)
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour or 2 tablespoons flour
- 8 ounces fat free sour cream
- 1 lb cooked egg white noodles
- combine all ingredients except noodles and sour cream in crock pot.
- 6 hours on high.
- take out pork & slice, then return to crock pot.
- Add sour cream & egg noodles and stir.
what a great dish! I only made a few changes. i seasoned loin with garlic salt, a little jerk season, and cavandar's seasoning. floured it a little bit then seared in a hot pan with olive oil. I deglazed the pan with a can full of water and added it to the crock pot. I added a dash of cayene to the dish. i used about 3 cloves of garlic. We really loved this and will use it again. we used almost a full container of reduced fat sour cream and regular cream of mushroom soup. i might just put 2 cans of soup next time since I like lots of gravy! Thanks for giving us a great easy meal!
Kind of bland but I didn't have any jamaican jerk seasoning. Not sure what it is but it probably would have helped. I couldn't convince DH this wasn't tuna casserole.
I'm used to crockpot meals being overally wet. This recipe was too dry, I could smell it starting to burn at 4 1/2 hrs. I couldn't slice the pork, it shredded.. I added water from the noodles for the correct casserole texture. I used a boneless pork loin 2 1/2 lbs.